ANITA J. BIHOVSKY
COMMUNICATIONS/PUBLIC RELATIONS/MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
with extensive experience
• Corporate & Non-Profit Communications
• Media Relations
• Website Management
• Marketing & Promotional Strategies
• Direct Mail
PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATIONS/MARKETING CONSULTANT
(1990 – Present)
- Conceive and execute public relations campaigns. Have procured excellent press release placements and both print and broadcast interviews for clients.
- Create and implement strategic marketing/communications plans.
- Conceive outreach strategies.
- Write press releases, website content, promotional letters, fundraising materials, brochures, flyers, catalogs, ads and other collateral material.
- Write and edit newsletters.
SMITH PUBLICITY, INC.
Cherry Hill, NJ (6/10 – 8/15)
- Strategized media outreach campaigns for books/authors.
- Promoted both non-fiction and fiction books of numerous genres.
- Wrote book press releases for newspaper, magazine and online media.
- Wrote interview press releases for radio and TV media.
- Compiled targeted media lists from extensive media database.
- Created and sent author/book pitches to all types of media.
- Solicited book reviews, feature articles, broadcast interviews, byline article publications, etc.
- Followed up with media.
- Acted as liaison between author and media contacts.
- Maintained detailed excel spread sheets with media response.
THE JEWISH PUBLICATION SOCIETY
Philadelphia, PA (6/08 – 12/09)
- Worked extensively with national and international media to promote JPS books and get them widely reviewed.
- Wrote book jacket copy, press releases and website articles.
- Promoted the Society and pitched stories of interest to the media.
- Managed authors’ book tours.
- Sent out advance pages and review copies of new books.
- Researched and submitted books for appropriate awards.
- Set up print and broadcast interviews of authors and Society executives.
- Interfaced with sales & marketing, production, editorial, operations and accounting staff; authors; media; and event organizers.
ETZ CHAIM CENTER FOR JEWISH STUDIES
Philadelphia, PA (12/07 – 7/08)
Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Created marketing & outreach strategies for educational programs/events.
- Wrote press releases and pitched stories to news media.
- Revised and managed website content.
- Created and edited weekly e-newsletter.
- Worked with other Jewish organizations to create synergy/reciprocal outreach.
- Wrote and executed mass emails and taped phone announcements.
- Conceived and implemented marketing survey.
GOLDEN SLIPPER CLUB & CHARITIES
Bala Cynwyd, PA (4/04 – 4/05)
Director of Marketing & Public Relations
- Created and implemented strategic marketing/communications plans for the Club & Charities and its three entities: Health & Rehab Center, Camp and Center for Seniors.
- Helped promote programs, services, and events via print and electronic materials and by inviting live media coverage.
- Updated, rewrote and managed content for three separate websites.
- Wrote and distributed press releases and pitched stories to the media.
- Wrote copy for brochures, flyers, ads and promotional letters.
- Edited and wrote newsletters/magazines; directed updated redesign/format of several different publications.
- Scripted, directed and edited promotional videos for the Camp.
- Planned, wrote and placed advertising for programs, services and employee recruitment.
- Interfaced with all entities’ management/staff, Board and committee members, print and broadcast media, printers, photographers, graphic designers, video studio and volunteers, as well as people served.
JEWISH FAMILY & CHILDREN’S SERVICE OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA
Philadelphia, PA (3/00 – 4/04)
Website & Publications Supervisor (2004)
Marketing & Communications Associate (2000-2003)
- Managed and wrote for the agency website; also restructured, rewrote, and supervised complete redesign/upgrade of 150+-page website.
- Wrote publicity materials (i.e., press releases, public service releases, ads, brochures, flyers, direct mail letters and other collateral materials).
- Created and managed PR and advertising campaigns to promote specific agency programs, services and events.
- Wrote and edited quarterly external newsletters and employee newsletters.
- Interfaced with agency executives, agency program managers, funds development department, media, website consultants, freelance writers, photographers and graphic design/advertising agencies.
- Conceived and implemented new outreach strategies.
- Pitched stories to news media.
- Supervised support staff and volunteers.
Partial Client List
- Bloom Consulting, Inc. (Wilmington, DE)
- PA Chapter of American Academy of Pediatrics (Media, PA)
- Terri Lynne Lokoff Child Care Foundation (King of Prussia, PA)
- Simpson Senior Services (Bala Cynwyd, PA)
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (Wynnewood, PA)
- American Jewish Committee (Philadelphia, PA)
- Perelman Jewish Day School (Philadelphia, PA)
- Theatre Ariel (Philadelphia, PA)
- Trustees of Color (Wilmington, PA)
- Misher Dental (Philadelphia, PA)
- Berlex Laboratories, Inc. (Cedar Knolls, NJ)
- SUNY Stony Brook (Stony Brook, NY)
Long Island Advertising Club: Two Certificates of Merit in the organization’s BOLI (Best on Long Island) advertising competitions
B.A., English Literature/Creative Writing, Empire State College (SUNY), Old Westbury, NY and SUNY College, Potsdam, NY
Minor Concentration: Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy
Foreign Language: German